Need PDF Export

LouLou
edited 10:27PM in FastReport 4.0
Hello,

Like many I have been waiting or FR5 which is supposed to include revamped PDF export support. I have an Intraweb app that uses FR4 and generates PDF's. My problem is that many users with smart phones that receive certain generated PDF's containing graphs cannot view them.

Is there a 3rd party PDF export engine that works with Fr4 that can be used in place of the FR4 supplied PDF export?

Cheers!

- Lou

Comments

• mierlpmierlp Netherlands
    edited 10:27PM
    Hi Lou,

Well...i have the same problem...and like the great support from FastReport about it..NOT (or even the communciations about it)
    But...back to you issue...one of the last reply's about PDF in the newsgroup was a thirth party product
    http://www.wptools.com/products/wpdf/index.htm
    which can work with FR. I didn't try it and don't know if you can directly export to PDF. wPDF3 cost about ??¬ 215,-

Regards Peter

Lou wrote: »
    Hello,

Like many I have been waiting or FR5 which is supposed to include revamped PDF export support. I have an Intraweb app that uses FR4 and generates PDF's. My problem is that many users with smart phones that receive certain generated PDF's containing graphs cannot view them.

Is there a 3rd party PDF export engine that works with Fr4 that can be used in place of the FR4 supplied PDF export?

Cheers!

- Lou
  • edited 10:27PM
    The Gnostice PDFtoolkit is also said to be working OK. $349 to $499, a heavy price for something which FR should be able to do with ease.
    We use eDocEngine (also Gnostice) to export PDF, due to the problems with the native PDF-export in FR. Also contains many additional exports. As far as we have experienced (using it for 2 months now) this export

- works with iOS (iPhone etc)
    - embed just the fonts needed (=smaller files)
    - exports vectorized EMF-files from reports as vectorized data instead of bitmaps (= smaller files, better quality)

Petter
    technisoft wrote: »
    The Gnostice PDFtoolkit is also said to be working OK. $349 to $499, a heavy price for something which FR should be able to do with ease.

I've used the gnostice export, from what I've seen it uses the exact same code fastreport uses and creates gigantic pdf files if there is formatted text in the tfrxmemoview components inside the report. For instance, if I use the html tag features to do inline formatting (bolding or underlining specific words in a paragraph), it converts the tfrxmemoview contents to an image to place in the pdf. I've been trying to find a way to make it just do the text like it's supposed to and I haven't seen any way to achieve that with either the pdf export from fastreport or gnostice. What am I doing wrong other than trying to do inline formatting?
  • wrote:
    Hi Lou,

Well...i have the same problem...and like the great support from FastReport about it..NOT (or even the communciations about it)
    But...back to you issue...one of the last reply's about PDF in the newsgroup was a thirth party product
    http://www.wptools.com/products/wpdf/index.htm
    which can work with FR. I didn't try it and don't know if you can directly export to PDF. wPDF3 cost about ??¬ 215,-

Regards Peter

thanks for the info peter....

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.