FastReport 5

edited 2:57AM in FastReport 4.0
Hello Fastreport-Team,

we (and our customer) are waiting impatiently for the version 5.0 of VCL, that should contain Word (DOCX) export and be released "begin of 2011". Is there any news that I have missed?

Thanks for help
Eike

Comments

• edited 2:57AM
    An answer was given during the Q&A session of the Fast-Report session at CodeRage6 last week. I can't say definitely what the answer really was, because I had some difficulty understanding him, and I think even Anders wasn't completely understanding him clearly as Anders was trying to type the answer. But, what there was a mention of a FireMonkey version of 4.9 by the end of the year. And, that Fast-Report 5 will be released(or resuming development, this is what I'm not sure of) after Fast-Report .Net 2.0. And, this is most likely at the beginning of 2012, either release or resuming development, not sure of what I understood, since the communication wasn't totally clear.

I would like to see a least of new features that are going to be in Fast-Report 5, at least those that the work is almost completed and certain to be included. I do have to admit that I'm happy to see that there will be FireMonkey support, but I'm also hoping that it's not just for Windows.

But, either way, it would be nice to have at least an official statement of what is going on, and what are the upcoming releases(with "estimated" time-frames).
    Silence means consent...

Regards,
    Marc
    danielrail wrote: »
    An answer was given during the Q&A session of the Fast-Report session at CodeRage6 last week. I can't say definitely what the answer really was, because I had some difficulty understanding him, and I think even Anders wasn't completely understanding him clearly as Anders was trying to type the answer. But, what there was a mention of a FireMonkey version of 4.9 by the end of the year. And, that Fast-Report 5 will be released(or resuming development, this is what I'm not sure of) after Fast-Report .Net 2.0. And, this is most likely at the beginning of 2012, either release or resuming development, not sure of what I understood, since the communication wasn't totally clear.

I would like to see a least of new features that are going to be in Fast-Report 5, at least those that the work is almost completed and certain to be included. I do have to admit that I'm happy to see that there will be FireMonkey support, but I'm also hoping that it's not just for Windows.

But, either way, it would be nice to have at least an official statement of what is going on, and what are the upcoming releases(with "estimated" time-frames).
    I think we did press release too early, that was our mistake.
    That made many of ours customers confused(why we're taking so long) and we're sorry for that.

Release of Delphi XE2 unexpectedly changed our plans.
    We're planning return to FR5 developing after we done with FireMonkey.
    I hope it will be beginning of the next 2012 year, because of a lot of work for FireMonkey .

And of course FireMonkey version is developing for every supported platform.

• mierlpmierlp Netherlands
    edited 2:57AM
    Hi,

I don't understand WHY this is the thirth of fourth time the release of version 5 is delayed.
    In you're last reply on my post it would be end of authum 2011. Basicly it's almost 1 year later
    as the announcement. Everytime there'rs a :
    - other priority,
    - other release dates which changes easily by FR
    - bad communication to customers/developers

I have customers waiting for 2D barcode and other things which would be in FR5 and when
    there's another delay in FR5 i have to make choices...other report tool of custom add-on
    components. I prefer FR but can't keep it dry with my customers and i hope that you
    understand my point-of-view about the 4 delay.

See the FR reply on my post below:

wrote:
    Source / From: [web] [14213] (mierlp) Peter van Mierlo
    Created: 08/25/2011 09:11:33 [14213] (mierlp) Peter van Mierlo
    Modified: 08/29/2011 04:52:14 [14213] (mierlp) Peter van Mierlo
    Closed: 08/29/2011 04:51:59
    Category: Other questions
    Responsible: [17312] (paulgur) Paul Gursky (helpdesk staff)
    Support level: our customers
    Discussion

Time: 08/25/2011 09:11:33

Hi,

About 8 months ago i asked about the new release of FastReport 5 (for 2D barcode support).
    The release would be autumn 2010. In january 2011 is asked again and it would be April/May 2011. See posted and message on site

Now it's already August and there no communication on the site (or only in Russian!), newsgroup or forum about the new release date. You're users are askin for information.

So..can you give me a serious answer about the new release date...my customers are waiting for new features which would be available in the new release.

Regards Peter

Time: 08/25/2011 10:27:46

Hello!

We are sorry - latest some months we have worked on compatibility with "Pulsar" by Embarcadero. That is why release of FastReport 5 was delayed

There are many features was added in FR5 so we plan to release FR5 at the end of autumn 2011

Time: 08/29/2011 04:51:59

Hi

Thanks for the quick answer. I think i would be good to for FastReport to communicate more to there customers/users/developers which use Fastreport.

It's a great product and within the newsgroups/forums there are a lot of questions about the release date and frustration because FastReport is not responding.

It's only a tip.

Regards Peter

• gpigpi
    edited 2:57AM
    Try to use PSoft barcode library (www.psoft.sk) for 2D barcodes support
    When FR5 will be avaibalbe! I need it as soon as possible.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.