Output to wrong tray

A customer does have a printer with a couple of trays/bins. For each tray is a Windows printer configured with a tray selected (ex. 'printer - tray 1', 'printer - tray 2', tec).
When he prints to 'printer - tray 2' the paper comes out a different tray.
When he prints a Word document to the same Windows printer it is working fine. Also, when he prints from Notepad to the 'printer - tray 2' it works fine.

I did a test with a FPX file and print it from the Viewer.exe. When I select the printer 'printer - tray 2' it did not work, the paper comes out a different tray. When I change the tray in printer properties, from out Viewer.exe, it comes out the correct tray. In the report the tray is not changed, it contais the value 'automatic..'.

Somehow FastReports did not print to the tray that is selected in the Windows printer. Please can fix that bug (it was one of the reasons we moved from Crystal Reports to FastReports, CR messing up with trays also).

We use FastReports version 1.6.64.

Comments

• edited 5:39AM
    Hello,

Could you send me the .frx and .fpx files to tz@fast-report.com?
  • edited 5:39AM
    Alex solved this problem, the Problem was a Papersource 15 in my report, after changing it into 7 it works like a charm.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.