ReportDesigner - manual (how customize ReportDesigner)

edited September 2011 in FastReport .NET
I really need to customize buttons on ReportDesigner. I am considering to buy FastReport, but I need this feature.

I can easily hide buttons from previe control or add buttons on preview control. It is fantastic.
ButtonItem customButton = new ButtonItem();
customButton.Text = "my button";
customButton.Click += new EventHandler(customButton_Click);
preview.ToolBar.Items.Add(customButton);

I cannot found in manual even on forum, how to do the same on designer control. I just need to hide some buttons or override their functionality.

I need to hide Open, Save, Save All and override functionality on PREVIEW. How to to it please?

I found option to do it directly on designer, but I need to hide buttons in program - programmatically.
fastreport.png

Comments

• edited 5:33AM
    Hello,

Use this code:
          ToolbarBase standardToolbar = designerControl1.Plugins.Find("StandardToolbar") as ToolbarBase;
          standardToolbar.Items["btnStdOpen"].Visible = false;
          standardToolbar.Items["btnStdSave"].Visible = false;
          standardToolbar.Items["btnStdSaveAll"].Visible = false;

designerControl1.cmdPreview.CustomAction += new EventHandler(cmdPreview_CustomAction);

void cmdPreview_CustomAction(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
          MessageBox.Show("Preview custom action");
        }

Overriding the preview action is not working now due to the bug in this action. I will fix it tomorrow.
  • edited September 2011
    Thank you.
    And if it will be fixed, how it will be possible please to override action on preview button?
    Thank you.
    See the code in the previous post. It's not working now, will be working in the tomorrow's build.
    You mean this?
    designerControl1.cmdPreview.CustomAction += new EventHandler(cmdPreview_CustomAction);

void cmdPreview_CustomAction(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
          MessageBox.Show("Preview custom action");
        }

But it is not override, but only add new event to existing one.
    But thank you, I will try it tommorrow.
    No, this completely overrides the standard behavior.
    Ok, thx.

Behaviour of previewControl and designerControl is little different, but ok.I am trying now to acces to ContextMenu of SAVE button on PreviewControl.
    I am able to change caption - so i am able to acces to save button. But I dont know how to access to context menu.
    I want to hide SAVE button in FastReport PreviewControl but I want to add contextmenu and same on click functionality to my own button on formular.

But i am not able to acces OnClick event or ContextMenu. Thanks for help.
    //i can hide save button
    m_previewControl.Buttons -= PreviewButtons.Save;

//i can change caption of save button
    m_previewControl.ToolBar.Items["btnSave"].Text = "Just try to acces save button";

I want to raise click, but it does'nt work. Is it possible to call click event and show context menu around my OWN BUTTON on different place on formular?
    //this does not work even if save button is visible or not
    m_previewControl.ToolBar.Items["btnSave"].RaiseClick();

The export menu is built dynamically. See the Demos\C#\CustomPreview project code how to display such menu for own button.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.