Determine if MemoView is printed

Hi,

is there a way to determine that a MemoView is really printed ?

I know I could use the OnAfterPrint of the Report. But that doesn??t fire, if the complete band, where the MemoView lay on, isn??t completely printed.

Any ideas ?

Regards
Erik

Comments

• gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 2:04PM
    What do you mean by not completely printed?
    it either prints or it doesn't no inbetween, unless you have not set the band stretch and the memoview stretchmode props, and your text is larger than the memoview.
  • edited 2:04PM
    Hi Gordk,

completely printed means that the first part of the band is printed on the first page and the remaining part of the band is printed on the second page.
    The band contains 5 MemoViews. One is connected to a field in a database-table. This field is a blob which contains richtext. StretchMode is set to smActualHeight.
    The Memoview which I need to know if it is printed is printed on the first page. But there is no action fired like AfterPrint for this MemoView until the whole band is completely printed on the second page. And that is too late for this MemoView.

On the other side the BeforePrint action is fired, when the MemoView is not printed on the first side really but printed on the second.

Regards
    Erik
  • gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 2:04PM
    It's not clear what you aretrying to acheive but you may want to look at the onaftercalcheight event of the band or the onafterdata event of the memoview.
  • edited 2:04PM
    Hi,

I am trying to calculate an sub-total of the page.
    And therefor I need to know if the price that is printed with the memoview is showing on the first or on the second page.

Regards
    Erik

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.