Better WPF support

edited September 2011 in FastReport .NET
Hi,

we use the latest version of FastReports.NET inside our WPF application. We're unable to specify an owner when we want to show a modal dialog (preview, export, etc...) because the FastReport.NET API wants a System.Windows.Forms.Form.

Please change the API to accept IWin32Window which should be a non-breaking change because System.Windows.Forms.Form implements this interface. This change would allow us to use WPF forms as owner.

Kind regards,
Mark Junker

Comments

• edited 5:17PM
    Hello,

Ok, I will fix the report.Show and report.ShowPrepared methods. Is there any methods to fix?
    AlexTZ wrote: »
    Hello,

Ok, I will fix the report.Show and report.ShowPrepared methods. Is there any methods to fix?

Please change Report.Design too.
    Hmm ... I thought that I saw something in the export modules too ... but I cannot find it any more.

Thank you for your fast response.

Kind regards,
    Mark Junker
    There is no report.Design() method that can accept a Form parameter as an owner form. The "public bool Design(Form mdiParent)" overload accepts MDI form only.
    AlexTZ wrote: »
    There is no report.Design() method that can accept a Form parameter as an owner form. The "public bool Design(Form mdiParent)" overload accepts MDI form only.

Okay, thank you for clearing up this misunderstanding of this function.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.