Printing delays

Im at a loss here, i upgraded from v2.54 to v4.0 of fast-report and made the reports from scratch.
At my place all is well and prints lightning fast. The customers however has huge delays.
I can see the grey box that normaly says printing on the screen, no text, just the grey square, hanging on the screen for 10 min
before it says printing and it prints. So i made an report with one line in the senter that say 'test' and tried again. Same delay.

I have 4 testplaces from different places of the country and i have the old program with v2.54 and the new with v4.0 side by side on the machines
and the old one has no issues and prints fast, the new one hangs forever.

Im just looking for some fresh perspective here so any sugestions might help to figure this out.

Thanx

Comments

• edited September 2011
    I think that there are substantial differences in the way 2.5 and 4 work.
    I would make sure that:
    a] the latest printer drivers are used
    b] the code generating the report is correct
    c] that at reporting time a printer is specified for every report (i.e. do not rely on it using the default printer)
    d] check and play with the printer driver setting. I had one case where a report printed text twice as large as it should have when the printer was set to ink saving mode.
    e] dynamically create the TfrxReport component used for printing so that you work with 'pristine ground' and have no interference from other parts of the program.

These are some of the things I can think of right now. Good luck.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.