Font issues (two questions)

hsmhsm
edited 3:06AM in FastReport 4.0
Two issues to do with fonts in FR4

1)
One of my reports uses arrow characters displayed in the 'symbol' font to indiacte movement up or down within the data. When I export this report to PDF those characters get replaed by other symbols ie th down arrow gets replaced by a 'plus or minus' sign. This doesn't happen if I print to a pdf virtual printer like cute PDF. How can I make the export work correctly.

2)
One report uses a handwriting font. When I installed my program on the client's machine the handwriting font was replaced by arial. (I suppose because they didn't have that font installed) How can I embed the font in the report so that it always shows the correct font regardless of what the user has?
Howard

Comments

• edited 3:06AM
    hsm wrote: »
    How can I embed the font in the report so that it always shows the correct font regardless of what the user has?
    As far as I can make out encrypting (by specifying a password) will embed the font. Unfortunately this will result in much larger files as with FR4 all font characters will be included, whether used or not. A recent post by a FR team member says that FR5 will resolve that issue.
  • edited 3:06AM
    In FR5 fonts embedding will be much better
    http://www.fast-report.com/en/forum/?p=/discussion/8310
  • hsmhsm
    edited 3:06AM
    technisoft wrote: »
    technisoft wrote: »
    How can I embed the font in the report so that it always shows the correct font regardless of what the user has?
    As far as I can make out encrypting (by specifying a password) will embed the font. Unfortunately this will result in much larger files as with FR4 all font characters will be included, whether used or not. A recent post by a FR team member says that FR5 will resolve that issue.

Ah, so it looks like it is something to do with embedding then.
    (Rather annoying though, as I have re-written some large applications that used a combination of MSAccess and MS Excel to ones that use an embedded SQL DB, Delphi and FR specifically to get away from the portability problems of microsoft products. Now they raise their head again with fonts!

I look forward to see FR5. I'm sure it will add more good features to an already excellent FR4.

Please can you explain how I encrypt a report and what side effects this has apart from some bloat?

Howard

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.