Marking Memo's Visible / Invisible at runtime

edited 11:42PM in FastReport 4.0
Hi
I have declared a variable in fasts reports and am tring to use it to make a memo visible / invisible @ runtime using the code below -
however everytime I try and run the script in the designer i get Pagefooter1 error in expression expected.

procedure Page1OnBeforePrint(Sender: TfrxComponent);
begin
MemoOurRefTitle.Visible := <UseOurRef>;
end;

can someone pint out what I have done wrong

thanks

Comments

• gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 11:42PM
    you state the error is in the footer but your code shows you are in the obp event of the page.
    note the obp event of the page only fires once at the start of the designpage being processed not for each page produced.
    What exactly is it that you are trying to do?
    when/where is the variable given a value, if the value comes from outside the report you will get exceeptions if you try to preview from ide design mode.
    better place to hide a memo is in the obp event of the memo.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.