'BEGIN' Expected

edited 4:51PM in FastReport 3.0
I am receiving a 'BEGIN' Expected error when I have the following code in the code tab while using the Designer Form.
uses 'translation\gnugettext.pas';

begin
  ShowMessage(_('Help'));
end.

As far as I can tell, this follows the structure that appears in the FastReport 4.6 User's Manual on Page 87. There are 4 articles in this forum regarding this problem. However, the articles either contain obsolete references, are not applicable, or I couldn't understand the answer. None of the demo reports includes and example of how to use the uses clause. Clearly, I am missing something obvious but I just can't see it.

Best Regards,

Al

Comments

• gpigpi
    edited 4:51PM
    What is gnugettext.pas unit? Is this Fast Script unit or Delphi unit?
  • edited 4:51PM
    This an application that is used to perform on the fly translations. Please see gnugetext. Please note that I have the same problem with any script that I place in the uses clause.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.