Example of Mail Merge

edited 12:43PM in FastReport 4.0
Hi,

I would like to create a facility for my users where they can setup there own form letters where certain fields will be replaced with values from a database, essentially a mail merge.

Would someone be so kind as to please point me in the right direction to do this with Fast Report.

The output would then be letters printed to the printer or saved as PDF's which contains personalised letters to the Customers in the database (or subset of Customers selected based a certain selections).

Your assistance much appreciated.

Regards
Marius

Comments

• gpigpi
    edited 12:43PM
    Try to use TfrxMemoView with expressions. See an User's manual for more info

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.