PrintTable Example - MasterData from Report is not printed

edited 3:17PM in FastReport 4.0
Hi!

I'm using your demo of FastReports 4 with Delphi 2009 to find out whether it suits our needs. I tried to built an example as it is done in your PrintTable Demo, but it won't work!

All other Components of the Report are working and printed/shown via frxReport1.showReport; That is Header, Footer and a ColumnHeader Band. I've put a CrossView Object into the ColumnHeader using your code in OnBeforePrint-Event (cross.addValue ...) and it works fine (shows data). But it does not work with the Master Band.
I checked the sender of the OnBeforePrint: For each component this event is called. I show a message containing the senders name. This way I could see, that this event is called for each component and probably even for the MasterData, but c.name (with c being the sender of OnBeforePrint) is empty in that case. There is something wrong with this MasterBand.

Does anyone have an idea what happened there? Did anyone ever have this problem?

I was really happy to find FastReports, hoping this might be the perfect solution for our project, but I'm a bit dissappointed that this simple example won't work. I hope someone can help.

Thank you,
S.Schm.

Comments

• gpigpi
    edited 3:17PM
    Attach your project here
  • edited 3:17PM
    Thanks for the reply!
    I've attached the sample project. You'll need your own data though to run it.

I've put two crossViews into the report. One lays in a ColumnHeaderBand, the other in this annoying MasterDataBand. I get a perfect Table in the ColumnHeaderBand, but nothing with the MasterData.

Thank you again.

• gpigpi
    edited 3:17PM
    Set MasterData1.RowCount to 1
  • edited 3:17PM
    It works! I'm so glad. Thank you very much! You've helped me a lot.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.