Multilingual Reports

edited 10:15AM in FastReport .NET
Hi,

what is the best practise to build Reports in in more then one language?
I would like to create reports that only contains the structure and maybe contains the default language. The other languages if it is needed should come out an other file.

Comments

• edited 10:15AM
    I am busy with the same thing.
    My solution will be something like (basic steps):
    - create a small app that reads the frx and reads all the texts (text object without [] or with double quotes surrounded) and export that text with the text object name into a xml file
    - give in that same app the possibility to translate these text in the xml file per language
    - in the print app you have to read the xml file and get the text for the right language

But I like to see a plugin that does this job (read all texts and a translate possibility) within the designer.
  • edited 10:15AM
    Isn't there a built-in solution for multilingual reports or a best practice tutorial on how to use Resource files with Reports?
    The solution provided above will work, however I would prefer built-in solutions.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.