Report Designer

edited 1:15AM in FastReport 4.0
Hi there!

I looked at InteractiveReport demo project (FastReports\FastReport 4\Demos\InteractiveReport).
When I compile and run the project this is what I see:

1.JPG

I mean the data field is like: "[frxDBDataset1."data"]"

But when I enter a Designer from a preview it's like:

2.JPG

The data field is "ssss" - from dataset.

My question is what is the difference and how can I call the second designer (is there a method who parse those datafields)?

Comments

• Anu de DeusAnu de Deus Hampshire, UK
    edited 1:15AM
    When calling from/after a preview, the dataset has been loaded and all variables parsed (because PrepareReport has been called)
    At that moment, you are not designing the actual report object, you are designing the preview output.
    I don't think there is anyway you can see the variables final values in actual design time (from your Delphi IDE), because as I said, you need to call PrepareReport first.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.