External error?

edited 1:38PM in FastReport 4.0
Hello,

I have a very strange problem.

I have a report that about once a day (both at customer side and on my computer) gives the error "external error".
When this happens, the data in the MasterData is completely empty.

The strange thing is that it happens about once in 100 tries. There is no relationship with the data because if the customer reprints the same data again it would be good.

I think Fr doesn't free the memory sometimes after itself.

The other error is (also rarely and randomly) that sometimes some memos don't show the data, instead they show the memo text instead for the customer e.g. [<frx1DataSet."quantity">*frx1DataSet."netprice"> ] instead of let's say 6800.

This is really embarassing, I can't debug because it is so seldom, but the customer curses all the time and tries to threaten me that he will make me pay his loss.

Comments

• gpigpi
    edited 1:38PM
    wrote:
    I have a report that about once a day (both at customer side and on my computer) gives the error "external error".
    Attach a screenshot of error message here
    wrote:
    The other error is (also rarely and randomly) that sometimes some memos don't show the data, instead they show the memo text instead for the customer e.g. [<frx1DataSet."quantity">*frx1DataSet."netprice"> ] instead of let's say 6800.
    Attach report template and saved preview pages with error
  • edited 1:38PM
    gpi wrote: »
    Attach a screenshot of error message here

Hello,

Thank you for the answer. Today I downloaded the newest version (since I used the version of Nov.2010), hopefully it will fix the problem.

If it'll occur again I will let you know.
    wrote:
    wrote:

Hello,

I uploaded a Zip file with a screenshot and an fp3 file. I hope you can find something useful. As I said before, it appears randomly.
    By the way how can I open an fp3 file?
  • gpigpi
    edited 1:38PM
    sorry, but I can't open your zip

I have uploaded it again. It might have been damaged it during the prev. upload.
    starhu wrote: »
    starhu wrote: »

I have uploaded it again. It might have been damaged it during the prev. upload.

This forum system damages it. You can download it from http://invitel.hu/csillagzs/fr_error.zip
    Got error opening your zip..
    shainam wrote: »
    Got error opening your zip..

Hello,

I wrote previously that the correct file is at http://invitel.hu/csillagzs/fr_error.zip
    I tested it, it works.
    Instead of dropping an frxReport component onot a form (which I assume you do) and use that to generate the reports I would try to create the frxReport component dynamically whenever it is needed and destroy it afterwards.
    In pseudo code instead of
    for number of reports
    .. frxReport.Print;

I would change to
    for each report
    frxReport.Create
    frxReport.LoadFromFile/stream
    frxReport.Print
    frxReport.Free

If it is a memory leak then the create/destroy may just release the memory.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.