dbxconnections.ini

edited 9:43PM in FastReport 4.0
Hello,
I need help.
I have FastReport VCL 4.10.8.
Until now I have worked with Ravereports and Delphi 7 whith dbExpress.
I have managed to design report which I wanted and it works on my comp.
In my application I use the TfrxDBDataset component to connect to Clentdataset. In the report Memos are connected to frxDBDataset via Dataset property.
But when transfered to custommer network or on my different computer the appliation crashes - "Cannot open file "\\10.10.10.4\lqs\dbxconnections.ini" or cannot find.
The dbxconnections.ini file is in application directory saved.
How can I baypass this error? How can I eliminate this ini file? I do not connect to database with any FastRaports component so I do not understand why this file is necessary..
Besides the ini file seems contain informations which cannot be avaliable to everybody (passowords, user).

[IBLocal]
BlobSize=-1
CommitRetain=False
Database=database.gdb
DriverName=Interbase
ErrorResourceFile=
LocaleCode=0000
Password=masterkey
RoleName=RoleName
ServerCharSet=
SQLDialect=3
Interbase TransIsolation=ReadCommited
User_Name=sysdba
WaitOnLocks=True

Thanks for help.

Comments

• gpigpi
    edited 9:43PM
    But dbEexpress need dbxconnections.ini file
    Did you set permissions for your users for \\10.10.10.4\lqs\ folder?
  • edited 9:43PM
    gpi wrote: »
    But dbEexpress need dbxconnections.ini file
    Did you set permissions for your users for \\10.10.10.4\lqs\ folder?
    The application works with dbExpress and without this ini file. All database parameters are set internally in the application.
    But when added FastReport components it crashes - because of this ini file.
    So the problem is with Fastreport not dbExpress.
    Today the Fastreport components were removed and the application works fine.
    I need a solution on Fastreport side. As I said the TfrxDBDataset component is connect to Clentdataset so there is no need to connect to database again. Just pass the data from Clientdataset to FastReport. In Ravereports it works fine.
    And of course the users have permissions for \\10.10.10.4\lqs\ folder. How else could they use the application.
    Without solution Fastreports are usless.
  • gpigpi
    edited 9:43PM
    I think TClientdataset doesn't use dbxconnections.ini
    Attach small demo project with problem here
    Without test project your messages are useless

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.