"Merge cells?"

edited 12:03PM in FastReport 4.0
How can i make this kind of report?

mergecells.jpg

Room, MainUser and Substitute are DB Fields.
Signature is not. It's only a space for users to sign.
A,B,C and User# is DB data.

Comments

• edited 12:03PM
    I can't find a way to merge cells from different rows in DBCross so I used standard MasterData band.
    Maybe my solution is not ideal but you can verify if it helps you:

Thank you Mick.
    I managed doing it using groups. It doesn't have the same layout but its also functional and understandable. I realized that to achieve that layout i had to change the table.
    I dit it this way.

GroupHeader
    Ex
    GroupHeader
    Room
    Masterdata
    User1 ___________
    User2 ___________
    User#
    GroupFooter
    _________(line)
    OK, if you get what you need.
    My solution is based on GroupBand as well, but query (in my simple FR3 example attached a few hours ago) is not modify. Just order by State.
    select * from customer
    where state is not null
    order by state, company

and the only thing to manage Memos' frame is a piece of FR script like below:
    var
        LastState  :string;                                                                 

procedure MasterData1OnBeforePrint(Sender: TfrxComponent);
    begin
      with Memo2.Frame do if LastState <> <ADOQuery1."State">
        then Typ := ftTop + ftLeft
        else Typ := ftLeft;
      LastState := <ADOQuery1."State">;        
    end;

begin
        LastState := '';                                  
    end.

Mick

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.