problem with inserting character _ and . in riche text box

edited May 2011 in FastReport 4.0
HI,
I tried to insert characters "[_____] inside riche text box but I get error "expression expected. how to fix to print [] as it is ?

thanks

Comments

• edited 10:25AM
    Do you insert this text at design mode or at run-time?
    If on run-time then you may have no chance for succes - search forum for richEdit component.

I tried to test your issue inserting this at design time and there was no error.
    But if you need to change the contents of RichEdit at run-time then try to use variables and expressions.

I mean - insert in richEdit [MyVariable] and set this variable to whatever you need.
    You may declare var MyVariable :string at the very begining of your FR script of the report.
    Or you may use FR variables.

Mick
  • edited May 2011
    at design time, FR think that I should place expression inside [] . I still get error. is there a solution to print square brackets ?
    It is very strange case.
    Can you attach a sample FR3 file - I mean start new FR report with one band and similar richEdit you use on it.

Mick
    Well, ONLY now I got the meaning of your issue [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> If you need to use square brackets inside richEidt then change property ExpressionDelimiters. And set it to, for example[/img]{,} so FR will not recognize [,] the way it did before.

Mick
    test attached. press on preview button and you will see the error

thanks
    Have a look at attached file and mouse cursor within it.

Mick
    nice solution, thanks alot >

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.