Delphi 2010

edited 10:29PM in FreeReport
Hi everyone.

I just got the assignment to maintain code from an old Delphi 7 project, which apparently used Fast (Free?) Report 2.3. As I don't own Delphi 7 and have no idea where to get it, I've installed Delphi 2010 and got almost everything to run. Only Free Report doesn't work. I guess this either known or even intended, since I've read which versions of Delphi are supported. Since I'm VERY rusty in Delphi and never even used Free/Fast Report, I wanted to get the old source to compile somehow, before trying anything heroic/stupid. It also seems that migrating from 2.3 to 4.8 is no laughing matter either and I'd prefer it, if could just use the old code base. As you might see, I've got a little conundrum there, which I'm not able to solve myself in finite time. So any pointers or help short from RTFM would be very appreciated.

Comments

• FRNLFRNL Hoogeveen - Netherlands
    edited 10:29PM
    eNTi wrote: »
    Hi everyone.

I just got the assignment to maintain code from an old Delphi 7 project, which apparently used Fast (Free?) Report 2.3. As I don't own Delphi 7 and have no idea where to get it, I've installed Delphi 2010 and got almost everything to run. Only Free Report doesn't work. I guess this either known or even intended, since I've read which versions of Delphi are supported. Since I'm VERY rusty in Delphi and never even used Free/Fast Report, I wanted to get the old source to compile somehow, before trying anything heroic/stupid. It also seems that migrating from 2.3 to 4.8 is no laughing matter either and I'd prefer it, if could just use the old code base. As you might see, I've got a little conundrum there, which I'm not able to solve myself in finite time. So any pointers or help short from RTFM would be very appreciated.

Hi,

I wonder: what is the problem, what error messages do you get?

I hope you don't got involved in the Unicode support of Delphi 2010. I see that FreeReport only supports up to Delphi 2007.

First thing I would look for is a missing compiler directive in a file like "fr.inc" (or similar) where compiler support is added. I suppose one is missing for 2010 anyway.

Best regards,
    Teo

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.