Fastreport preview takes > 90% cpu use and too much time to show

keturpatelketurpatel India
edited 2:11PM in FastReport 4.0
I am using Fast Report Studio version 4.8.212, Front end Visual Basic 6, OS Windows XP sP3

I have created one single page report, which has more than 50 objects in it. mostly memoview and few lines and frames. When i click preview button, report takes more than 90% cpu usage and takes about 6 minutes to show me preview.

I am previewing from designer directly and not using database connection. All memoview text is set in designer directly. still same result.

I removed some objects from page for testing, and it works like charm. But problem is, want all these objects on same page. can anyone suggest me any fix or workaround i can try to resolve the problem?

Comments

• gpigpi
    edited 2:11PM
    Attach your report template (fr3) and saved preview pages (fp3)
  • FRNLFRNL Hoogeveen - Netherlands
    keturpatel wrote: »
    I am using Fast Report Studio version 4.8.212, Front end Visual Basic 6, OS Windows XP sP3

I have created one single page report, which has more than 50 objects in it. mostly memoview and few lines and frames. When i click preview button, report takes more than 90% cpu usage and takes about 6 minutes to show me preview.

I am previewing from designer directly and not using database connection. All memoview text is set in designer directly. still same result.

I removed some objects from page for testing, and it works like charm. But problem is, want all these objects on same page. can anyone suggest me any fix or workaround i can try to resolve the problem?

I too am curious to see what is in your report. And what objects you removed.

I also wonder if you can speed up things with sub-reports, only showing when needed.

In my 4.8.25 version of the designer, the report is shown almost instantly.

What happens if you save the report with a different name and reopen that report?

Best regards,
    Teo
  • keturpatelketurpatel India
    edited April 2011
    Here is report file. I have just put random text. Actual text will be filled during runtime.
    Report contains mostly memoview and some lineview & shapeview objects.

just click preview and check it. It took almost 8 minutes on my pc to show preview. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> Then just remove some memoview object and check again, it will work as charm.[/img][img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Actually it is 4 page report, and after facing this problem, i separated it into four reports, each with single page only. Sorry, i mistyped total objects in my first post, report has more than 150 objects.[/img]
    I HAVE FOUND THE WORKAROUND. TOOK ALL OBJECTS FROM BOTTOM HALF OF PAGE TO NEW PAGE AND MARK SECOND PAGE TO PRINT ON PREVIOUS PAGE, SO TOP HALF PAGE WILL BE PRINTED FROM FIRST PAGE AND BOTTOM HALF WILL BE PRINTED FROM SECOND PAGE. AND SAME REPORT GIVES PREVIEW IN LESS THAN 2 SECONDS ! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> ANY OTHER SOLUTION OR WORKAROUND IS ALSO WELCOMED. IF YOU HAVE ANY SOLUTION, UPDATE IT HERE, SO OTHERS CAN BENEFIT FROM IT ALSO.[/img]

• gpigpi
    Try fit to grid all objects
  • keturpatelketurpatel India
    Fit to Grid really works ! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> but i cant understand logic behind this. maybe something out of my mind. thanks to gpi.[/img]
  • gpigpi
    You must prevent overlapping of objects for better perfomance

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.