Printer crash

edited 8:13AM in FastReport 4.0
Hello,

some of our user report a strange bug during printing, with Fastreport 4.10.1 stable or 4.10.12 the first page (printed with every report) is printed correctly, then printer crash

the first user has:
Win XP pro and HP deskjet F4180

the secon with the same problem has:
Win XP home with Epson LQ300

another user with:
Win 7 Pro and OKI 2232 A4
set his printer from driver for printing in B/W , the first page is printed correctly in B/W but the rest of page are printed in colour driver seems to reset user settings after first page

We have other thousands of user that print correctly with 4.10.x version of Fastreport but these three user with fastreport 4.7.85 don't report any problem (we downgrade our software for avoiding bug) and with 4.10.x are not able to print correctly.

Regards

Comments

• FRNLFRNL Hoogeveen - Netherlands
    edited 8:13AM
    SS76 wrote: »
    Hello,

some of our user report a strange bug during printing, with Fastreport 4.10.1 stable or 4.10.12 the first page (printed with every report) is printed correctly, then printer crash

the first user has:
    Win XP pro and HP deskjet F4180

the secon with the same problem has:
    Win XP home with Epson LQ300

another user with:
    Win 7 Pro and OKI 2232 A4
    set his printer from driver for printing in B/W , the first page is printed correctly in B/W but the rest of page are printed in colour driver seems to reset user settings after first page

We have other thousands of user that print correctly with 4.10.x version of Fastreport but these three user with fastreport 4.7.85 don't report any problem (we downgrade our software for avoiding bug) and with 4.10.x are not able to print correctly.

Regards

Could that be an issue with user rights of these users i.e. for printing, writing to specific directories, etc.? I don't know the code of FastReport that well but I it wouldn't supprise me if a later version of FastReport handles that part differently.

Hope it helps. And if not: I would suggest asking support through a support ticket.

Best regards,
    Teo
    Teowin-Software, FastReport reseller in the Benelux.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.