Multiple Designers

How to manage multiple frxDesigners in on a Form/DataModule. I would like to have an internal Desginer used in the IDE (no restriction) and a Desginer for the Customer (with restriction).

I didn't see an option where I can link a desgner to the Report.

e.g.: Components in my DataModule
frxReport
frxDesginerIntern
frxDesignerUser

When I double click in the Delphi IDE, the frxDesignerIntern should be started, and at run-time the frxDisgnerUser should be used.

How can I handle that?

Comments

• gpigpi
    edited 4:47PM
    But you can set restrictions in run-time
  • FRNLFRNL Hoogeveen - Netherlands
    edited 4:47PM
    markus j. wrote: »
    How to manage multiple frxDesigners in on a Form/DataModule. I would like to have an internal Desginer used in the IDE (no restriction) and a Desginer for the Customer (with restriction).

I didn't see an option where I can link a desgner to the Report.

e.g.: Components in my DataModule
    frxReport
    frxDesginerIntern
    frxDesignerUser

When I double click in the Delphi IDE, the frxDesignerIntern should be started, and at run-time the frxDisgnerUser should be used.

How can I handle that?

You don't need to.

Your internal designer without restrictions is a property editor for the frxReport component. That never has restrictions and you don't need a frxDesigner in the IDE to design a report [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Best regards, Teo FastReport dealer in the Benelux[/img]

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.