What about Fast Report 5?

FlavioFlavio Brazil
edited 10:21PM in FastReport 4.0
We are in the middle of March, and nothing about Fast Report 5.

According to news published on November/2010: "We solved to transfer release of FastReport VCL v.5 to begin of 2011", so we can suppose that it was about to be released last year, and was just postponed to earlier this year.

Comments

• FlavioFlavio Brazil
    edited 10:21PM
    Hello?
  • FlavioFlavio Brazil
    bump
  • edited 10:21PM
    You're not alone.
    I would think that there is a lot of interest and anticipation for release 5!

Here's hoping it will come out soon.

Dennis
    dennisg2 wrote: »
    I would think that there is a lot of interest and anticipation for release 5!

Here's hoping it will come out soon.

Dennis

I hope so Dennis.
  • mierlpmierlp Netherlands
    Hi

Last time i asked i would be March 2011...but now it's already April
    and still waiting. Hope they release it soon.

Regards Peter
    Does anyone with Fast Reports monitor these forums? Or, is it entirely user to user?
  • FRNLFRNL Hoogeveen - Netherlands
    kamiller42 wrote: »
    Does anyone with Fast Reports monitor these forums? Or, is it entirely user to user?

FastReport 5 is planned for summer 2011. That is all I know.

Best regards,
    Teo
    FastReport dealer for the Benelux
    FRNL wrote: »
    FRNL wrote: »

Best regards,
    Teo

I'm waiting it too ! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> I hope FR4->FR5 report migration will be simple and paintless.... :][/img]
    vajtsz wrote: »

Best regards,
    Teo

I'm waiting it too ! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> I hope FR4->FR5 report migration will be simple and paintless.... :][/img]

Summer 2011, hmmm, thats about now! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> I hope it will be stable and backward compatible with the 4.x We will buy for sure though our biggest wish (drilldown reports) didn't make it afaict (though i hope they will suprise us <g>) Greetings, Marius[/img]
    Marius2 wrote: »
    Summer 2011, hmmm, thats about now! > I hope it will be stable and backward compatible with the 4.x We will buy for sure though our biggest wish (drilldown reports) didn't make it afaict (though i hope they will suprise us <g>)

I hope so too that it will be easy to migrate from 4.x to 5, just by opening the 4.x report in 5.

Also, is it possible that your definition of drilldown reports differs from Fast Reports' definition? Because, I did find it in the feature list of 4.x, along side with interactive reports.

And, we are hoping to see a label designer included in version 5 (something similar to what is available in FastReport.Net).
  • edited July 2011
    Now that we had an announcement about the renaming of Fast Report Studio let us hope that this is the beginning of a release cycle.
    They must surely be very eager by now to sell some upgrades to their customer base.
  • edited July 2011
    danielrail wrote: »
    danielrail wrote: »
    Summer 2011, hmmm, thats about now! > I hope it will be stable and backward compatible with the 4.x We will buy for sure though our biggest wish (drilldown reports) didn't make it afaict (though i hope they will suprise us <g>)

I hope so too that it will be easy to migrate from 4.x to 5, just by opening the 4.x report in 5.

Also, is it possible that your definition of drilldown reports differs from Fast Reports' definition? Because, I did find it in the feature list of 4.x, along side with interactive reports.

And, we are hoping to see a label designer included in version 5 (something similar to what is available in FastReport.Net).

I admitt mayby we do yes. Compared to Crystal reports it is is not what we expected (CR does eveything self, really magnificent).

The lack of documentation and / or examples is an issue (yes, i downloaded the help, drilldown is described in 3 lines, basicly describing the drilldown demo).
    We would appreciate a couple of more advanced examples in combination with drilldown and subreports (interactive is no solution for us in this case)
    Hi, any news about FR 5 release?
    Hello!

We are sorry - latest some months we have worked on compatibility with "Pulsar" by Embarcadero. That is why release of FastReport 5 was delayed.

I understand that FastReport will be included in Delphi XE2 package, so you may be busy on doing some QC for the new Delphi XE2.
    With delphi XE2 release around the corner, I hope that you can make the release of FastReport 5 a priority again Isame as FastCube 2.0).

Thanks,
    Iskandar A
    Michael wrote: »
    Hello!

We are sorry - latest some months we have worked on compatibility with "Pulsar" by Embarcadero. That is why release of FastReport 5 was delayed.

When I bought Fast Report 4 more than a year ago you said that version 5 will be released in a few month.

Can you at least estimate when will you release it?

Thank you
    Michael wrote: »
    Hello!

Hi!

I think now you would: "We are sorry - latest some months we have worked on compatibility with "WaterDragon" by Embarcadero. That is why release of FastReport 5 was delayed."

Is there at least a Beta???
  • I regret having bought FastReport. Still no proper PDF output (no, PDF-A is not the answer) and version 5 still missing after years of the initial estimated release.

Bummer. I really like this software.
    Atleast someone from fastreport should give a reply that when should we expect to have fastreport 5
  • andreiluisandreiluis Brazil
    Could anybody from FasReports give an accurate and trustful info to the customers? What is happening? When FR 5 will be launched? I buyed it in March 2011, and FR 5 was 'just about to be released', now, more than 18 months and still nothing! This is so frustrating...
  • edited October 2012
    Also waiting for FR 5, when I bought FR 4 it was close to release of FR 5 , they said we will get FR 5 free if we buy FR 4 before end of that month beginning of 2011 , so I did and almost 2 years later still no news even.
    I think that this is partly due to their outdated or inappropriate (for software) business model.

Once you have paid for FR they have no further revenue. So there is a constant chasing for new customers and new markets. The inclusion into XE or the development of an FMX version then takes precedence over looking after the existing customers. Let's face it, you are not going to change to another report writer without an absolutely compelling reason. Compelling such as having a gun pointed at you.

A subscription based business model is far more appropriate for software and nowadays is almost a standard practice. Market saturation and in many cases deferring upgrades even if an upgrade is available makes a sales based models unsustainable in the long run.

Yes, I hate to pay for subscriptions too, but if it ensures good support, also in terms of product upgrades then I bite the bullet. Having to scramble here and there after money in order to survive becomes a debilitating factor. Our company would have gone bust long ago if we would have to rely on sales.
    Any update about Fastreport 5
  • Marco.PrattoMarco.Pratto Brazil, Curitiba/PR
    Looks like FR5 will never be released, or it will be only if another co. makes something that turn FR obsolete
  • OrionizerOrionizer North Carolina
    I also would like to hear from someone from FR on this issue. Can someone PLEASE update your customer base? I'm getting really frustrated with the announcements in my inbox from FR, only to find it's another update for FMX or .NET.
    FR5 would by nice but FR4 for Delphi XE4 would be a start. Why there is a bundled version, but not a full version for registered users?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.