Group Footer with multple aggregate rows

Fast Report Gurus,

I can add a Group Footer with no problems. In this footer I am including Max/Min/Avg and StdDev for each column. I can successfuly add a row of "Max" and a row of "Min", and the report behaves as expected. But after adding about the third or fourth value of the "Avg" row, the report will only show the first page and shows no footer.

I seem to be exceeding some buffer value.

Question:
1) Is this a bug or a feature?
2) How can I have multiple rows in a group footer as I describe with out issue?

Regards,
Monte Carver

Comments

• gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 4:00PM
    not clear what you mean by adding rows.
    but maake sure that the band properties are set correctly.
    ie stretching allow split etc.
  • edited February 2011
    What I mean by multiple rows is I would like to show several aggregates within the group footer, for example:

Maximum of Day >> XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX
    Minimum of Day >> XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX
    Average of Day >> XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX
    Std Dev of Day >> XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX

I am finding that it is not likely a setting problem, because if I copy the MAX or MIN "rows" for the AVG "row" then the copied row appears as expected. But as soon as I start changing the copied MAX syntax to AVG or SUM, then somewhat the AVG rows disappears, or rendering only produces the first page with no footer, etc. Furthermore, if I replace one of the first row MAX objects with AVG or SUM, the value is terribly wrong. So. I believe the problem is somehow associated with the SUM or AVG producing the wrong values. In fact if I delete all objects in the group footer and place a single object with AVG syntax, I still get the incorrect value. The AVG of 35 rows of 80 degrees is not hard too check against [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> So... Please what am I doing wrong? My feeling that this is somehow a bug. But I would think an aggregate bug would have been flushed out long ago. Also, I am running against XP sp/3 Delphi 2009 FR 4.10.1 SQL Server 2008 R2 Regards, Monte Carver[/img]
  • edited 4:00PM
    Are standard MasterData / Footer bands the only solution that you may use?
    If not then try to use DBCross with several calculations of your own in Total row while still having one value in each row.

I gave an example how to solve a similar problem in other topic.
    See the link below:

[topic="7162"]DBCross - how to make an additional summary row?[/topic]

Look first at PDF file to see how DBCross can make addictional sum / avg etc.
    And if you find it is interesting then you may download the FR3 definition I enclosed over there.

Mick
  • gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 4:00PM
    You should take a look at what Mick has sugessted it may better suit your needs.
    as to not seeing rows

Maximum of Day >> XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX
    Minimum of Day >> XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX
    Average of Day >> XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX
    Std Dev of Day >> XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX

This appears to be
    one tfrxmemoview with multiple lines of text and\or expressions
    the memoview stetchmode must be set and the bands stretch property must also be set.
    or you will get what you describe.
    the only exception to band stretching is the pagefooter band it is not stretchable.
  • edited 4:00PM
    I am actually using a tfrxmemoview memo for each calculation and one for each of the text descriptions. It sounds like you are suggesting that this approach should work.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.