zeos DB components?

Can I use the Zeosdb components with Fast Reports?
http://www.zeoslib.net

My project is linked to a Postgresql server and I would like to be able to create reports.

thanks

Comments

• edited 7:20PM
    snorkel wrote:

My project is linked to a Postgresql server and I would like to be able to create reports.

thanks
    Did you have any luck getting it to work with the zeoslib components?

If not, I am about to try and test out fastreports with zeoslib under C++ Builder 5 so will let you know how I go with it. Currently having trouble getting standard demos to work (see my other thread) but once I have all that sorted out I will be throwing a test app together with zeoslib.

Cheers

Woodster
    Woodzter wrote:
    Woodzter wrote:

thanks
    Did you have any luck getting it to work with the zeoslib components?

If not, I am about to try and test out fastreports with zeoslib under C++ Builder 5 so will let you know how I go with it. Currently having trouble getting standard demos to work (see my other thread) but once I have all that sorted out I will be throwing a test app together with zeoslib.

Cheers

Woodster
    Yep, zeos works fine with Fast Reports.
    Just tried it today.
    Can you be more exact. What version of ZEOS are you talking about? And can you provide a sample project?

I'm asking this because, I have been using ZEOS for some time, and FR just ignored creating an engine for it (not our business, they said). One good person named "T. Super", created a version for zeos v. 5.x. I hope he continues work on an update to the new ZEOS 6.x since no one else does.
    Waheed wrote:
    Can you be more exact. What version of ZEOS are you talking about? And can you provide a sample project?

I'm asking this because, I have been using ZEOS for some time, and FR just ignored creating an engine for it (not our business, they said). One good person named "T. Super", created a version for zeos v. 5.x. I hope he continues work on an update to the new ZEOS 6.x since no one else does.
    I am using the latest version of the zeos 6.1.5 I think.

I just used the tdata set compatible component, and all the fields etc showed up in the designer etc etc.
    just use the frdbdatset component and point it at any tdataset compatible component.

It worked just fine for me so far.
  • edited May 2004
    Yes you are right. I'm not talking about connecting to components outside the report (on the DataModule). I'm not able to create a stand alone FR report that connects to the database just like adding BDE components on a Dialog inside the report and linking to the tables. T.Super created such ability on v. 2.54 of FR and v. 5.x of ZEOS.
    Thus the report is not dependant on the DM for connection. You can connect to the database from within the report and create standalone dialog based queries. You cannot do that with the currect versions of FR and ZEOS.

Why do I need that you might ask? Imagine after you create your program with all the reports a user wanted to add another report to the program with a new query that is not in your program datamodule. What do you do? I would create a query in the datamodule, then link it to frDBDataset then add the report. This needs recompilation of the code, which is a lot of hassle.
    It would be nice (as the case is now with BDE) is to create the report with the query in the report dialog then just add the report to the program directory and you can select it from the list of reports. The report will connect to the database "independant of the program" and run the query with all the parameters set in the internal report dialog. This is a much better solution.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.