How to pass the "where"of a query as a parameter / variable

I'm considering switching from Rave to Fast-Report, I'm testing the trial version of Fast 4 the only obstacle that we are encountering is how to pass an entire string as a parameter for the WHERE sql. In fact, our entire structure of the press includes the formation of the where clause in the program delphi (eg "id> 10 AND NAME =" FOO ") then the transition to the query that is defined within the fast final type" SELECT * FROM CUSTOMER WHERE: parwhere "Rave with this mechanism worked perfectly, while fast is given an error. And 'possible to resolve or find an alternative to our needs?

Comments

• stefquestefque Serbia
    edited 5:57PM
    I am not sure if I can answer you, but I came upon this problem too. First solution is to send it as parameter from delphi like this
    fizvestaj.frxreport1.variables := 'id> 10 AND NAME =" FOO "';
    and then use it your SQL as you suggested

I've also used this
    (fizvestaj.frxReport1.FindComponent('MyDACQuery1') as TfrxMyDACQuery).SQL.Text:=(fizvestaj.frxReport1.FindComponent('MyDACQuery1') as TfrxMyDACQuery).SQL.Text + 'id> 10 AND NAME =" FOO "';
    but this is not good, because if you are changing the report again you must erase the added part every time before you save your work.

And the last
    (fizvestaj.frxReport1.FindComponent('MyDACQuery1') as TfrxMyDACQuery).SQL.Text:='here you write the whole SQL statement'
    and the program changes it every time as you wish, from delphi...

I am using MYDACQuery components ....
  • edited 5:57PM
    Thank you for your reply, your solution is the first one I'm trying and not working, I make a list:

1. Delphi: frxReport.Variables : = WHERE;

2. By Fast Reports, the page data object ADOQuery1.Sql:
    Select
    T1 .*
    T2.Descrizione
    From
    Turns T1
    T2 Guard
    WHERE
    T1.idGuardia = T2.ID and: wheresql

In ADOQuery1.Params

wheresql = to the variable: <parWheresql>

If I pass the variable <parWheresql> for example the string "ID = 1" is given an error in undeclared identifier -> 'ID' although a field ID of the table, the same happens if I assign a value to default variable within the fast report, cio?? me it is very convenient because I can test printing design-time without running the exe delphi.

-L 'your last solution is one that works, and that I could replace my intuition mechanism, but that will have to draw the report blindly without being able to prove that as the parameter: wheresql inside SQL always returns a set empty.

Finally I tried the following code:

ListaQuery: = TStrings.Create;
    frxReport.GetDataSetList (ListaQuery);
    for i: = 0 to ListaQuery.Count-1 do begin
    frxQuery: = TfrxADOQuery (frxReport.GetDataset (ListaQuery ));
    Sql: = frxQuery.SQL.Text;
    ReplaceStr (sql, ': wheresql', WHERE);
    frxQuery.SQL.Text: = sql;
    end;

But the line: frxReport.GetDataSetList (ListaQuery) went into the exception!

No response on this? I have to make a decision on the purchase and I would, thank you.
  • gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    are you using the internal ado engine in the report
    if you are, look at the main demo internal datasets internal query report to see how
    to set the params and use a dialog box built into the report.
    Note when you pass string values into a categorized variable in must have extra delimiters
    or it will throw an error
    I tried to define the variable with the 'character and the character "while not giving error but the condition is not processed past ritornarndo always a blank query.
  • gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    can you post a small sample demo in the binaries news group?
  • gpigpi
    wrote:
    No response on this? I have to make a decision on the purchase and I would, thank you.
    Why you ignored second post from stefque?
    Yes, ok. Vamba solve the string ": wheresql" manually at run-time searching for the query object from delphi. But you can not then spend a full term as a variable? This came back to me very comfortable during both the design of reports, and consider the fact that I'm trying to migrate all my prints from Rave in which this worked!

Moreover, the same problem I have played in Fast-Report, perhaps it is enough to put strings with delimiters details, but which ones?

I enclose some pictures explaining:
  • gpigpi
    Set parGiorno value to 'LUNEDI' instead of LUNEDI
    Ok, the strings run. But the sql WHERE passed to the internal no! In fact, the report is always "unfiltered. "

I enclose some pictures of how I set the parameters and the passing variables in the first case (Figure delphi code: FastVar4) does not work, while in the second one (Figure FastVar5) but is discounted because it changes the SQL string at runtime.

Is there a solution to my problem or should I resign?
  • gpigpi
    You can't to use macros in ADOQuery (TADOQuery doesn't support macroses), you can build SQL statement or use parameters only
    rcsoft wrote: »
    Ok, the strings run. But the sql WHERE passed to the internal no! In fact, the report is always "unfiltered. "

I enclose some pictures of how I set the parameters and the passing variables in the first case (Figure delphi code: FastVar4) does not work, while in the second one (Figure FastVar5) but is discounted because it changes the SQL string at runtime.

Is there a solution to my problem or should I resign?

You cannot build query that way:

T1.idGuardia = T2.ID and: wheresql

You must type all the conditions to the sql request and to the variables you can only assign values, not the whole "WHERE" string.

T1.idGuardia = T2.ID
    and T1.value1 = :1
    and T2.value2 = :2

etc.
    Try such a solution in onBeforePrint event for the band where (and when) you know the whole where clause
    SELECT
      T1.*,
      T2.*
    FROM
      Turni T1,
      Guardie T2
    WHERE
      T1.id = T2.id

SQL[8] := ' and ' + RestOfYourWhereFhrase

Mick

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.