From QuickReport to FastReport

MoellerClausMoellerClaus Denmark
edited 6:31PM in FastReport 4.0
I have downloaded the test-version of FastReport 4.0 and have been intragrating it in to my application.

We used to use QuickReport with the Designer from THSD - but after Timo left a few years ago and so its time we do too.

Fastreport is easy to work with and everything goes smooth. But the conversion from QuickReport to FR puzzles me a bit. Is there a demo-application around where you choose a x.qr2 file and converts it into x.fr3 file? What is converted the bands, database-interface, scripts and so on?

Can the FR-designer be converted into different language (other than English) ?

Comments

• gpigpi
    edited 6:31PM
    // Using:
       conv := TConverterQr2Fr.Create;
       conv.Source := QuickRep1;
       conv.Target := FReport;
       conv.Convert;
       FReport.SaveToFile('converted_fromQR.fr3');

wrote:
    What is converted the bands, database-interface, scripts and so on?
    Bands and objects (report's layout)
    wrote:
    Can the FR-designer be converted into different language (other than English) ?
    Use FR Recompile wizard (recompile.exe)
  • edited December 2010
    It really useful for me. Thanks you for the reply.
  • MoellerClausMoellerClaus Denmark
    edited 6:31PM
    Thanks for the ansver.
    gpi wrote: »
    // Using:
       conv := TConverterQr2Fr.Create;
       conv.Source := QuickRep1;
       conv.Target := FReport;
       conv.Convert;
       FReport.SaveToFile('converted_fromQR.fr3');

gpi wrote: »
    What is converted the bands, database-interface, scripts and so on?
    Bands and objects (report's layout)

OK - but the code given here is the one from the documentation and else where. What I was looking for was the converting of a file. QuickReport and THSD had a designer and the files was called *.qr2.
    QuickRep as mentioned here can not load a file to my knowledge >

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.