FastRport in COM Server crashes

edited 11:21AM in FastReport 4.0
I am creating a COM Server to serve reports. I use Builder C++. When the COM Server is called from a COM client, the program crashes when it finish.

To replicate it:

1) In Builder C++, create Active X library project
2) In Builder C++, New / Active X (COM object
3) Add a Data Module and add the TFrxReport component
4) Compile the BC++ project

There is no functional code, just for replicate the problem.

Now, the COM object is created. If you use it from Visual Net (for example) and you instance the COM, for example:

var myCOM= new MyCompany.MyCOMClass();

.Net instances the COM without problems. The crash is when the Net program finishes. It seems that the problem is when the COM object is released. The TFrxReport probably try to release some global resources and I guess that there is a bug.

Can you give me a guide about what I can try or modify the the Fast Report source?

Thank you

Comments

• edited 11:21AM
    I have been investigating the issue. The problem seems to be in tge frxclass.pas unit, in the finalization section.

FParentForm.Free raises an exception, when I delete it, the everything works fine. In any case, it is not the solution.

Can you guide me please?
  • edited 11:21AM
    Is Fast-Report project dead? What about the technical support? It is very frustatring. I sent how to replicate the bug in a new and easy project and I do not have a solution.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.