PDF export issue under Windows 7

johnnixjohnnix Serrai, Greece
edited 11:58AM in FastReport 4.0
Hello,

I am using TurboDelphi and FastReports version 4.9.106. My application works ok under XP, Vista and 7 but the PDF export function generates a 50% lager file under Windows 7 than under XP (e.g. under XP I get a 6 MB pdf but under Windows 7 I get 9 MB). Is this something normal?

Regards

Comments

• gpigpi
    edited 11:58AM
    Do you use embedded fonts?
  • Anu de DeusAnu de Deus Hampshire, UK
    I always thought it was not possible to install 3rd party components in Turbo Delphi, how did you do it?
  • johnnixjohnnix Serrai, Greece
    edited October 2010
    gpi wrote: »
    Do you use embedded fonts?

Hello,

Yes, I use this option in both environments (XP and 7). Is there a known issue there?
    I always thought it was not possible to install 3rd party components in Turbo Delphi, how did you do it?

I use TurboDelphi Professional [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Regards[/img]
  • gpigpi
    I think Win7 fonts have bigger size than XP fonts
  • johnnixjohnnix Serrai, Greece
    I think Win7 fonts have bigger size than XP fonts

Setting the option not to embed fonts does decrease the file size a little bit (About 8 MB) but still the file size is too bigger than the one under XP with the embedded fonts set to true.

Regards

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.