Backpicture doesn't scale on printing.

Longtime RAVE Reports user here now getting started with FastReports, and so far liking what I see.

However, I am using a PNG file as my backpicture (it's an image of a form), and while it's scaling properly on the screen, when I print the document it seems to print the backpicture unscaled (that is, HUGE), while everything else is in the right spot. This is clearly not expected behaviour. Is this something anyone else has replicated? Is there a workaround?

Thanks,
Ian

Comments

• edited 2:09PM
    w0wbagger wrote: »
    Longtime RAVE Reports user here now getting started with FastReports, and so far liking what I see.

However, I am using a PNG file as my backpicture (it's an image of a form), and while it's scaling properly on the screen, when I print the document it seems to print the backpicture unscaled (that is, HUGE), while everything else is in the right spot. This is clearly not expected behaviour. Is this something anyone else has replicated? Is there a workaround?

Thanks,
    Ian

I tried downscaling the background, but it's still showing up HUGE (that is, only the very top left quarter of my form is being printed, and that is showing up 30 times bigger on the page).

Any ideas?
  • edited 2:09PM
    Okay, more detail after experimenting.

I opened my original (.GIF) background in Windows Paint, and saved it as PNG, BMP, and JPG.

It then tried using each of these as the background picture.

The PNG was rendered by far the most clearly on the screen - which is why I'd prefer to use it.

The JPG and BMP backgrounds look like crap on the screen.

However, *only* the PNG file prints incorrectly on the printer, while the JPG and BMP files print perfectly. Is it possible that the way the component prints PNG backgrounds has a bug?

I'm at a loss here.
    Thanks,
    Ian

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.