Visual Studio 2010, .Net Framework 3.5 project problem

edited 1:41AM in FastReport .NET
Hello,

I just converted one of my Visual Studio 2008/.net 3.5 project with FastReport into Visual Studio 2010 project and I got a problem with FastReport.

When I try to compile it i got this error:

The type or namespace name 'FastReport' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

I tried to delete FastReport reference, but when I try to add it back I can't find it in the list. When I browse directly to FastReport folder I get error which says that FastReport.dll requires a later version of .net framework.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• StarkStark Syria
    edited August 2010
    There are two fast report version ,

FRNet_4_*_Pro.exe for .net 2.0 , 3.0 , 3.5 .
    FRNet_4_*_Pro2010.exe for .net 4.0 only .

see this thread , Here Plz

BTW :

I was facing the same problem , so :

- I Uninstall FastReport ,
    - I clean the CAG Folder from FastReport.dll and all it's component ( very important )
    - I download "FRNet_4_*_Pro.exe"
    - I install the fast report on Clean Machine ( Vmware , VBOX .... etc )
    - I copy the "FastReport DLLs" to my development machine ... ( "D:\Fastreport" or any other location )
    - I add the fast report DLL to my project reference manually ( By Browsing the DLL ) ( I always add them like that )

May be there are another way to do that , but that is my story.

Hope this help
  • edited 1:41AM
    Can the two version be installed on the same computer ?
    (and use sometimes the 2.0 version (on vs 2010) and sometimes the 4.0 version (on vs 2010) ?)

Regards
  • StarkStark Syria
    edited 1:41AM
    you can install the fastreport .NET 2.0 version on a Clean PC and copy the DLLs manually to your development machine

and do the same for the .NET 4.0 , then add the right reference of fastreport ( .NET 2.0 or NET 4.0 ) manually to your project .

hope this help

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.