Reset page numbers doesn't work

I am using FR 4.3 and can't get the ResetPageNumbers property on a group header to work. I set that property and StartNewPage to true, but the page numbers (which are printed in the page footer) don't reset when the group changes. Is there a bug with this or am I missing something?

Glenn

Comments

• edited 12:52PM
    I solved the problem myself so here's the solution in case anyone is interested. I created a variable called PageNum. In the GroupHeader1OnBeforePrint event I set it to 0:
    set('PageNum', 0);
    Then in the PageFooter1OnBeforePrint event I increment it:
    set('PageNum', get('PageNum') + 1);

This works fine but I still wonder why ResetPageNumbers doesn't work.

Glenn
    galcott wrote: »
    I solved the problem myself so here's the solution in case anyone is interested. I created a variable called PageNum. In the GroupHeader1OnBeforePrint event I set it to 0:
    set('PageNum', 0);
    Then in the PageFooter1OnBeforePrint event I increment it:
    set('PageNum', get('PageNum') + 1);

This works fine but I still wonder why ResetPageNumbers doesn't work.

Glenn
    You may need either to check your system or debug the problem.
  • gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 12:52PM
    using fr4.4.45, the latest build
    Page [Page] of [TotalPages] in page footer
    works fine
    I am running into a similar problem. By my problem is the totalpages is counting visable = false pages. How would I make that work?
  • edited June 2010
    This works for me.

procedure GroupHeader1OnBeforePrint(Sender: TfrxComponent);
    begin
    Memo1.text := 'Page '+'[page]'+'/'+'[totalpages]' ;
    end;

Enable the double pass in report's settings (the "Report|Options..." menu item.

With double pass disable, totalpages print 0 (zero).

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.