Link to bands in subreports

edited 2:02AM in FastReport 4.0
Hi everybody.

I'm designing a report with fastreport 4.0

We need to put some data from a table in a section of the report (in a frame at the right of the report). So, we're trying to use a subreport to encapsulate them into the frame (it doesn't take up the whole band). But we have a problem: we need to link the band in the subreport with the band of the main report (because the data are dependent of it).

How can we do it?

I attach an image to explain it (my English isn't so good).

muestra1am49we.jpg

Comments

• gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 2:02AM
    typically add a child band attach to mdband and place subrep object in the child.
    or add a detailband place subrep in detail
  • edited 2:02AM
    gordk wrote: »
    typically add a child band attach to mdband and place subrep object in the child.
    or add a detailband place subrep in detail

But the band taht contains the report isn't a Master one, but a Group Footer. Will be this a problem?
    it may be, with out more info about the structure of report i can't tell
  • edited 2:02AM
    gordk wrote: »
    it may be, with out more info about the structure of report i can't tell

I'll try to explain you. The report we're trying to do is a group of bills (they can be of more than 1 client). For each client, we group all his sales and we show the total amount as the group footer.
    Inside it (that group footer) we need to show the maturities of his bill, that are saved in a different table. To do it, I was trying to use a subreport, but I need tell to that subreport that it must filter the maturities by the bill that is refered by the group footer.

I don't know if I've explained it clearly >
    seems like it is an aged receivables report.

bands are merely place holders on a design page and they tell the engine where/when to start outputing the data contained in objects within the band and they are ordered by band type.
    data linking depends upon how the datasets are connected.
    the datsource property of data bands basicly just controls the number of times the band is output.
    when working with group footers you may already be past the masterdata for the current group condition record(that's why you are printing the groupfooter.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.