Error adding Report object from toolbox to form

BoskoBosko Belgrade, Serbia
edited 10:50PM in FastReport .NET
Hi,

I installed version 1.4.27, and I am getting error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" when I try to add Report object from toolbox to form. I am using VS C# 2008 Express.

Exception is thrown at FastReport.VDesign.ReportCodeDomSerializer.Serialize(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, Object value)....

When I add Report object in code (not in designer), everything is working fine, I didn't noticed any problems later, only in VS in desing mode as I described.

Is there something I have missed with this version?

Thanks in advanced, Bosko.

Comments

• edited 10:50PM
    Hello,

Do you have full stack trace?
  • BoskoBosko Belgrade, Serbia
    edited 10:50PM
    It comes as MessageBox in Visual Studio (not only in VS Express).

I have attached a screenshot of the exception.
  • edited 10:50PM
    I have checked VS2008 C# Express edition with the latest FR.Net 1.4.28. Everything is working well. Since FR.Net installer cannot add anything to the express edition toolbox, you should install items manually, as described in the programmer's manual. Once you do this, you can put Report component on your form and work with it. Be sure you have deleted old versions of FastReport before installing the new one.
  • BoskoBosko Belgrade, Serbia
    edited 10:50PM
    Hi Alex.

I did what you said, and now everything is working as well.

I have installed MS Chart Control first, uninstalled previous version and then installed new version of FastReport.

That solved the problem, everything is fine now.

Thank you!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.