Folding dimensions in code

Hi all.

I asked this already in the newsgroups, but I'm not sure which is the preferred place - newsgroups or this forum - and I didn't get a reply yet so I'm asking here too. Apologies if I'm grossly violating the rules ;-)

I'm creating a cube in code (Delphi) based on some user choices. I add fields like this:

slice.AddFieldTo('#Year_invoicedate', 'Year', rf_CapXAx);
slice.AddFieldTo('#Month_invoicedate', 'Month', rf_CapXAx);

Now I'd like to be able to have the months by default folded so that only the years are shown. I know I could only add the years and the result is almost the same, but I want the months there so that the first-time users will be more likely to notice them.

I did search the documentation but couldn't find any way to do this.

TIA!

Comments

• edited June 2010
    Hi.

Use in TfcSlice
    property RegionFieldExpanded[ARegion: TfcRegionOfField; AFieldIndex: Integer]: Boolean;
    to collapse dimention.

For example:

fcSlice.RegionFieldExpanded[rf_CapXAx, 0] := False;
    or
    fcSlice.XAxisFullExpanded[0] := False;

Oleg.
  • edited 9:19AM
    wrote: »
    Hi.

Use in TfcSlice
    property RegionFieldExpanded[ARegion: TfcRegionOfField; AFieldIndex: Integer]: Boolean;
    to collapse dimention.

For example:

fcSlice.XAxisFullExpanded[rf_CapXAx, 0] := False;

Oleg.

Thanks, that works for now; that method seems to only have one parameter but just [0] seems ok for my needs.

Thank you!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.