Special Characters

PixelPointerPixelPointer Vaughan, Ontario
edited 2:34PM in FastReport 3.0
I am at my wits end. I have tried many different ways to show a square bracket in a memo field as a part of the text.

What I need to do, is show text like this:

Items [4] $6.24

Where the number in the brackets is the count, and the number on the right is the total cost of the items.

I have tried many different ways, but here is my latest:
[ItemName] [[<Sum(<ItemCount>, MasterData, 1)>]] [ItemSales]

I also tried:
[ItemName] '['[<Sum(<ItemCount>, MasterData, 1)>]']' [ItemSales]

If anyone can help me that would be great.

Comments

• edited 2:34PM
    Change expressionDelimiters property(in memo object) to <%,%> and in memo write <%ItemName%> [<%<Sum(<ItemCount>, MasterData, 1)>%>] <%ItemSales%>
  • PixelPointerPixelPointer Vaughan, Ontario
    edited July 2006
    Thank you, Den. It worked quite well. I did not realize that I could do that. :-)
  • edited 2:34PM
    wrote: »
    Change expressionDelimiters property(in memo object) to <%,%> and in memo write <%ItemName%> [<%<Sum(<ItemCount>, MasterData, 1)>%>] <%ItemSales%>

Hi
    I have similar problem, but I need to put such text:

some text [other text] <ADOQuery1."Fieldname">

How to do this?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.