CSV Export 2 extra spaces

Hello,

I'm using fastreport 4.9. When exporting a report to CSV file, there is 2 extra spaces at the end of each field.

Do you know how to avoid these 2 extra characters?

Thank you

Comments

• edited 8:30AM
    Try to align your memos, and make them same size.
  • See the export example below:

"206 ";;"23.11.1999 ";;"product ";"DC ";"Free License ";"number ";;"customer name ";

It is actually on each field and not between the fields that I have 2 extra spaces. These 2 spaces are not part of the field value. Any idea?
  • edited 8:30AM
    Can you attach sample report (fr3-file), which reproduce this problem?
  • Anu de DeusAnu de Deus Hampshire, UK
    edited April 2010
    I wrote the reply below without reading your problem properly, the answer described is for the extra fields ( ; ) separators, not the the extra spaces.
    Because I believe you also have the extra field problem, I'll leave the answer for that here:

Jimmy, I had a similar problem, but solved it.
    It happens because the items are not aligned in the page, like Oleg said.
    Try to align every single memoview component vertically, both left and width properties identical with its header, or whatever other memoview object you have in the same vertical area in your page.
    Try to visualise your page as columns, and for each column (i.e. each element displayed), you might have a new field in the export.
    I suggest to start aligning your MasterData band objects with whatever header it has right above it (PageHeader, ColumnHeader, Header).
    Also, make sure they don't overlap horizontally, preferably set autosize to false and adjust the width manually for all components.
  • Here is the report

dongles.fr3
  • Anu de DeusAnu de Deus Hampshire, UK
    edited 8:30AM
    I can't load your Fr3 file, it's giving me 'invalid file format' error.
    Anyway, try my DoTrim function like explained here:

http://www.fast-report.com/en/forum/?p=/discussion/6677

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.