2.51 file format

First, do you know that the link to this forum from your website is not working. It still refers to fastreport.org and not 66.227.63.207

Now, my question. Have there been any changes to the file format of frf files, either betwee 2.47 and 2.50 or between 2.50 and 2.51? I'm getting problems sending frf files to a customer running an old copy of my application.

Thanks
Kit Jackson

PS. Do you support a proper newsserver so that I can avoid the difficulties of using this web based forum?

Comments

• edited 3:09AM
    Yes. File format in FR 2.50 was changed.
    Yes. We plan news groups at near time.
  • edited 3:09AM
    OK, I've got a problem then.

Can you point me to the document that tells me what I need to do to upgrade all the existing reports.

The main application was originally written using 2.47 and has been recompiled using 2.51. The reports are held in a database and loaded into the application at run time with:

Report.LoadFromBlobField(ReportTableReportBody)

Report is a TfrReport
    ReportTableReportBody is a TBlobField

The reports were loaded into the database with a separate report application also compiled with 2.47. This application takes frf files and stores them into the database blobs. This report application cannot read new 2.51 frf files.

When compiled with 2.51 the main application gives the following error on some reports:

Report contains the following non-plugged components
    TfrCheckBoxView

Can you tell me how to upgrade the existing reports please.

Thanks
    Kit Jackson
  • gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 3:09AM
    Hi
    IMHO
    if you have changed the app so that it has been compiled with a newer version of Fr and created reports with that new version then you must send updated exe to customer. to handle those reports created with new version.

Report contains the following non-plugged components
    TfrCheckBoxView
    means you forgot to put checkbox object on underlying form.
    regards

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.