Dynamic table in non Title band throws exceptions

edited 10:15PM in FastReport .NET

I get a StackOverflowException "Cannot evaluate expression because the current thread is in a stack overflow state." and other exceptions in dynamic tables, clicking the preview button.

I have seen that they work fine if I put the table in the Report Title band, but regrettably I cannot use this band for design questions, also I cannot use its child band.
I need to use a child band of the Page Header band, but when I put the table in this band and I click Preview, I get StackOverflowException, and sometimes Windows frozen the application and closes it.

You can test it in your demo. Just modify the Table / Column DataSource example. Add a Page header band and move the table. Click Preview and the demo is frozen.

How can I put a dynamic table in a Page Header band?

Thank you

Comments

• edited 10:15PM
    Hello,

Objects that can split across pages (such as TableObject in its dynamic mode, or MatrixObject) cannot be placed in the PageHeader, ColumnHeader bands or its child bands. When printing such wide objects, FastReport generates a new page, which in turn prints the header band again, the wide object is printed again and so on.
    Is there a way to avoid the use of the ReportTitleBand or its child? I use the Page Header Band to put the report title, license, page, etc. and then, using the Table Object in ReportTitleBand, it overwrites my Page Header band.
    I would need to print a header in each page. Is it possible?

Thanks
    wrote:
    it overwrites my Page Header band
    Do you have an example, or maybe a screenshot?
    Using your demo Tables / Column Data Source, just add a Page Header and insert a text box. You will see that the first page is different.
    I would like to show a header in all pages, and after this header, the table.
    This thread has converged to the same that the other thread, so we can ignore this one and continue in the other.

Thank you

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.