Split a table

edited 1:20PM in FastReport .NET
I have a table object with 80 rows and height 40 cm. It does not fit in one page, FR only shows the first page and cuts the table at end of page.
I would like that FR splits the table at end of page and then continues in the next page. How can I do it?

The rows are not extracted from a database, they are manually defined. Also, the table object is in a child band. Maybe I am doing something wrong.

Thank you

Comments

• edited 1:20PM
    Static table object does not support split. You have to form your table dynamically (you may use simple code to just print all rows and columns). In this case it will split both vertically and horizontally.
  • edited March 2010
    Let me explain the report, maybe you can guide me because I cannot see the way to do the rows dynamically.
    The report is dynamic in the X axis, each column is a period of time (a record of the dataset) and I fill the columns from the ManualBuild event.

The Y axis is not dynamic. Each row is a field of the database table. I have 80 fields to show. Is there a way to split the rows in pages or it is not supported?

Thanks
    Partially solved. I used Page Header band, and it cuts the table. If I move the table to a Report Title band, then it works.
    The problem is that I need to use a Page Header band, or a child of Page Header, but I cannot use the Report Title band.
    Is there a way?

Thank you
    As I wrote in another thread, dynamic tables/matrices cannot be placed on the page header ot its bands.
    I know, but I was thinking in a sub report or another trick, I would like to know your advice.

What I need is to print a header in each page (title, license name, date, # page, ...). Then I would like to show the table across the pages, but as I have said, showing also the headers in all pages.

Since I need to put the table in the report title band, is there a way or trick to show both (a header in all pages and the table) ?

Thank you
    I see. Select the "Page" object in the Properties window and set its TitleBeforeHeader property to false.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.