Sub reports

Ozan K. BAYRAMOzan K. BAYRAM Istanbul
edited 11:28AM in FastReport .NET
Is it possible to include a .frx file in another .frx file.

For example i have report that shows items in a product group.
And have another report that shows product groups. Can i nest items report under product groups report to show product group items.

thanks in advance.

Comments

• edited 11:28AM
    No, it's not possible. FastReport stores subreports inside the main report (in a separate report pages).
  • Ozan K. BAYRAMOzan K. BAYRAM Istanbul
    edited 11:28AM
    OK. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> is it possible to give link to another report as a master/detail scenario?[/img]>
    No, why do you need this? Are you using Crystal Report? Remember that FastReport can contain master-detail items in one report, there is no need to use subreports, separate report files etc.
    http://fast-report.com/documentation/UserM...etailreport.htm
    i want this feature because there is so many reports share the same report pages. we do not want to place same page to every report for maintenance issues.

This is the basic scenario:
    Every report has a cover page that contains report name and company logo. What is the easiest way to use this page with every report without coping the cover page.

Thanks in advance...
    Help says:
    wrote:
    Limitations

The report inheritance was designed to meet the following goal: save common report elements such as headers and footers in separate files, and reuse them in inherited reports. Do not try to use the inheritance to perform more complex tasks. In particular, avoid to do the following:

??? do not inherit the report from the inherited one (i.e. do not inherit twice);
    ??? do not use complex objects such as Table and Matrix, in the base report;
    ??? do not use script in the base report;
    ??? do not use parameters in the base report.

will inherited report include my cover page in the base report?
    Yes, the cover page may be used w/o limitations.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.