Win 7 install

Is there a special instruction when installing to WIN7? The instruction about installing to the GAS does not work because access to the windows/assembly folder is denied.
Thanks

Comments

• edited 8:38PM
    Hello,

You should install into the GAC under administrator account (you also may need to run windows explorer as administrator). Sorry I have no win7 machine near me and can't check this out.
  • edited 8:38PM
    AlexTZ wrote: »
    Hello,

You should install into the GAC under administrator account (you also may need to run windows explorer as administrator). Sorry I have no win7 machine near me and can't check this out.

You actually need to log in as the Administrator. Setting yourself up with administer rights won't work. Log in as an administrator and then make sure you run Explorer as an administrator (right-click, run as administrator). Even logged in as an administrator you still need to run explorer with administrator rights. Once this is done, just follow the instructions.

Win 7 security is a pain.

Alan

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.