StartNewPage - does not fire

edited 10:07AM in FastReport .NET
I do have attached a example of a report with a xm datafile. In the report I have set the property "StartNewPage" in the groupheader "GroupHeaderReferentie" to true. (it is the group with a bold text, just before the data band).
The report should print two pages because there are two different values for the group expression of that group header, however it does not start a new page. All the data is print on page one.

I tried everything but could not get a page break.

In the PNG file in the attachement zip you will find a printscreen of the result. The data in the redbox should be printed at a new page.

BTW, in the first group header the property StartNewPage is set to true also, that one works fine.

Comments

• edited March 2010
    Hello,

Your report throws an error when I'm trying to preview it, so I can't check it.
  • edited 10:07AM
    The XSD file was missing in the zip. In included in this message.

If this not work, what error did you get?
    Now it works, I will investigate the problem and let you know.
    FastReport does not start a new page for the first data row in a group. It is done to avoid the first empty page. You have two options:
    1) Set GroupHeaderReferentie.FirstRowStartsNewPage property to true;
    2) or, set GroupHeaderReferentie.StartNewPage to false, and GroupHeader5.StartNewPage to true.
    Option 1 works but gives me an empty page first.
    Option two works fine. Only I do not understand why I should do it in this way. Why the original report did not work.
    You have the following report structure:
    GroupHeader5 (empty)
      GroupHeaderReferentie

The ready report is:
    GroupHeader5 (empty)
      GroupHeaderReferentie ("One")
    GroupHeader5 (empty)
      GroupHeaderReferentie ("Two")

As you may see, "One" and "Two" rows are the first rows inside the GroupHeader5. The first row does not start a new page unless its option "FirstRowStartsNewPage" is on.
    In case if the ready report is
    GroupHeader5 (empty)
      GroupHeaderReferentie ("One")
      GroupHeaderReferentie ("Two")

the StartNewPage option of GroupHeaderReferentie will work in the original report, as you expect.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.