Group footer - how to use data fields

edited 8:58PM in FastReport .NET
How can I show data fields in a Group Footer?

We do have very large queries (views with several tables) and group the data at several fields. Per group we do have added a footer with summaries. The summaries are showing well but the description (Table field) are not visible.

I have read that the Table fields should be in the data bands, but is seems very normal that could print Table fields in the groups also (the 'green bands). Like (fat is the data): 'Total for customer Mister Fastrport: 10.340,30'.
Do I have to set some property?

Tia
Hans

Comments

• edited 8:58PM
    Hello,

There is no problem to print group condition in the group footer. See the attached report, you can run it in the demo.exe.
    Hi Alex,

I have created some test reports with data in the Group footer also, but a real live report does not shown the Table fields in the Group footer.

I included a zip with a Sample.frx and a XML and XSD file with an example. The Bold fields are not shown.

Please, can you have a look?

Thanks
    Hans
    Your report has the following structure: Group + Master-detail-subdetail. All databands are connected to the same datasource (which is not correct, you have to use different datasources for each databand).
    You are trying to print the data column from the datasource attached to subdetail databand, in the group footer. This is not correct because the subdetail datasource is in EOF state, so you'll get the empty data.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.