Windows 7 (64bit), FastReports.Net, Oracle Connection

I had everything working fine in Windows XP but we are slowly converting all of our machines to Windows 7 (64 bit).

I installed the most recent version (as of 2/19) of FastReports.Net and Connections.

I copied the Fastreports.Oracle.DLL to Inetpub\wwwroot\HCIReports3\bin

I copied the required FastReport DLLs to the Windows Assembly GAC (That was some trick given the security issues in Win 7)

I registered the dll by:

1. Run the Designer, goto View|Options|plugins and add FastReport.Oracle.dll
2. I checked that FastReport.config had the plugin installed and the path was correct.

I cannot see the Oracle in the ADD DATASOURCE in the Designer (stand alone program).
If I drop a WebReport on a form in Delphi Prism/VS 2008 and go to the report designer and try to add a datasource, I still cannot see Oracle.
If I try to load a report that was built with the Oracle connection, I get an error message that this connection cannot be found.

How come I can not see the Oracle connection?

Comments

• edited 11:22AM
    Hello,

Be sure that:
    1) FastReport.Oracle.dll was compiled with correct version of FastReport.dll.
    2) FastReport.Oracle.dll is copied to the folder with Designer.exe file.
    AlexTZ wrote: »
    Hello,

Be sure that:
    1) FastReport.Oracle.dll was compiled with correct version of FastReport.dll.
    2) FastReport.Oracle.dll is copied to the folder with Designer.exe file.

Thank you. I didn't know that the Oracle dll was tied to the FastReport version. I was using an Oracle dll that was compiled with an older FastReport build. Once it was recompiled, everything works fine.

During the installation process of FastReport, can you consider automatically adding the dll's to the GAC? While it is an easy copy in XP it is a real pain to do in Win7 with it's increased security.

The only way I've found to do it in Win7 is to log in the Administrator account (having Admin privileges on an account won't work) and then opening Explorer in Administer mode. The dll's can then be copied into the GAC. The GACUTIL utility is also supposed to work, but I don't have it on my system.
    Ok, I will add this request to our todo list.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.