Error under .Net Framework 4 Client Profile

edited 12:25AM in FastReport .NET

I am using VS 2010 and Framework 4 with FRNet. It works fine in my developer environment, I just only need to copy some assemblies.

The problem appears when I change the target to ".Net Framework 4 Client Profile". I get:

The referenced assembly "FastReport, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=db7e5ce63278458c, processorArchitecture=MSIL" could not be resolved because it has a dependency on "System.Design, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" which is not in the currently targeted framework ".NETFramework,Version=v4.0,Profile=Client". CustomDesigner

Can FRNet works under Client profile? Microsoft announces this profile as the environment for practically all desktop applications.

Thanks

Comments

• edited 12:25AM
    Hello,

Client profile is not supported.
    http://www.fast-report.com/en/forum/?p=/discussion/5441

I have read your post but maybe somethings have changed. According to http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mi...8VS.100%29.aspx
    Microsoft.VisualBasic.VBCodeProvider and Microsoft.CSharp.CSharpCodeProvider seems to be supported by Net 4 Client. I know nothing about CodeDom.

The Client Profile will be the framework that most of users will have installed instead of the entire framework, since it has been designed for most of desktop application.
    It would be really a problem to explain that they need to install another framework. but for now, I think that there is no another solution.

In any case, thank you.

We really need System.Design.dll. We can't use property editors without this.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.