Object bindingSource

Greetings,

I'm just a new developer for Fast Report

I want to ask about if Fast-Report support DataSource Object (BindingSource depend on object) ??

if answer YES

so I have problem that

When I add new form to my solution and add new bindingSource named as bindingSource1 that bound to object (LLBL EntityCollection [url="http://www.llblgen.com)" ] http://www.llblgen.com)[/url]
then design my report depend on bindSource1
finally in button view event write this code

var ec = new EntityCollection<CODEActionEntity>();

BL.ActionManager.FillAction(ec, null);
bindingSource1.DataSource = ec;

report1.Prepare();
report1.Show();

after run, I got this error

(Text1): error CS0103: The name 'bindingSource1' does not exist in the current context
(Text3): error CS0103: The name 'bindingSource1' does not exist in the current context
(Text5): error CS0103: The name 'bindingSource1' does not exist in the current context

any one can advice me !!!

BTW. I use my Data access layer to Fill my collection

Comments

• edited 4:12AM
    Hello,

FastReport supports business objects. See the demo: Demos\C#\DataFromBusinessObject
  • edited January 2010
    Could you please explain how can I add Business Object to report dataSource ??

For example, the sample "DataFromBusinessObject" shows in the DataWindow "Categories" which is defined in the winforms project.

I need to do the same as I have a "Customers" collection defined in my DAL project that I need to show in the DataWindow EXACTLY as the sample shows "Categories". How to do that in VS/FatsReport designers ???
    Hello,

The easiest way to create a new report with BO is to use run-time designer, just like in this demo.
    1) add a button/menu item in your app ("design a report");
    2) write the following event handler for this button:
          // create report instance
          Report report = new Report();

// register the business object
          report.RegisterData(Your_Business_Object, "name_of_BO");

// design the report
          report.Design();

// free resources used by report
          report.Dispose();

3) run your app and press the button. Design a report and save it to a file.
    4) to run the report, use the following code:
          // create report instance
          Report report = new Report();

// load the existing report
          report.Load("your_report.frx");

// register the business object the same way as when you design a report
          report.RegisterData(Your_Business_Object, "name_of_BO");

// run the report
          report.Show();

// free resources used by report
          report.Dispose();

In this way, you work with "live" data when designing a report and when previewing it. Later you may remove the "design a report" button from your app, or you may decide to keep this functionality (as it is royalty-free) - it will allow you to create/modify reports without need to recompile your app. This approach was used in the main demo program to create all demo reports.
    Hello,

I think there are missing understand
    Let's ask in another way

In FastRepoet Demo "DataFromBusinessObject "
    How could you add the "Categories" object (that designed in Form Class) to the FastRepoet Datasource in design Time (to enable me design my report in design Time) ??
    Use BindingSource component. But you will work with no data while designing a report. Why don't you like the solution described in my previous post?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.