Problems with charting

edited 3:18AM in FastReport .NET
I am trying to create a bar chart but I have some problems that I do not know how to solve them:

Problem 1:
If the dataset has null value in the first X value, the char puts the label "0" under the X/Y corner. My databaset has values as "null, monday, tuesday, ...", so "0" does not make sense. Note that I have "string" in the Value type X box.

Problem 2:
If I exclude the null values in the where sql clause, then I do not get the numeric value, but then there are some missed X labels. The first label is empty, the second ok, third empty, and so on.

Probably I am doing something wrong, but I cannot find documentation in the FR manual and after to test many combinations, I am blocked. Can you help me please?

I am using Firebird 2.0 as database.

Thank you

Comments

• edited 3:18AM
    Hello,

FastReport uses MS Chart control, you can find more information about it in this page:
    http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/mschart

Regarding your problems:
    Probably you need to turn off the "Convert null values" option in the "Report/Options..." menu.

I have turned off the "Convert null values" but the problem is the same. Under the primary Y axis, it shows 0, and under the secondary Y axis, it shows 15.
    In the dataset I do not have any numeric value, just one null and other are texts like monday, tuesday, ....
    I have no idea because 15 appears, maybe it is because there are 15 columns, but it must not appear.
    When I exclude the null value of the dataset using the SQL Where clause, then 0 and 15 disappear.

If you want and provide me with an e-mail, I can send you the report and the database to see it.

Thank you
    Please send the test project to tz@fast-report.com.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.