PDF Export in 4.8 - Outline and MBCS font name

Thanks for the new PDF Export Engine, which solve some MBCS problems.

However I found that
1. Outline is missing now even if I tick the options.
2. Some Memo specifying a fonts with MBCS (in my case big5) font name and the font name become rubbish char which PDF reader cant reconize. The PDF just complain cannot find that *$^ font.

Will the Outline be added back (or did I configured?) and will that MBCS font name issue be tackled? Thanks!

Comments

• edited 6:46PM
    Attach a sample report (fp3 and fr3 files) and say what build of FR do you use ?
    I don't think attaching a sample here help for this case.

Everyone can see the point 1 easily if they got reports that had outline. The old export filter export also the outline part but the new one do not.

For point 2, if anyone got some multi-byte fonts with multi-byte fonts name (e.g. Chinese, Japanese etc), they can select that fonts and try to export and see. If they don't have one, my attaching an fr3 with that fonts won't work for them.

For my case, my font name is 細明體 (Chinese fonts name) and when open with PDF, it just show a message like "cannot find fonts &#^&*$".

I know I can return to old filter but I still prefer the new one to the old one. Just that if they can fix these it would be more perfect.

Peter
    Support for Chinese fonts will be added later.
    Draeden wrote: »
    Support for Chinese fonts will be added later.

Thanks.

Actually, it support Chinese fonts right now. If I choose another Chinese font with English fonts name, it got export correctly (or maybe because it is unicode fonts?). The issue is that almost all my old chinese reports is using the Chinese name one (because that fonts exist in all version of windows but the other english name one do not).

Would the outline be added back? It used to be one very nice feature that help to make PDF export stand out.
    Yes, the outline wil be added.
    Draeden wrote: »

Thank you and Merry Christmas.
    peteryau wrote: »
    peteryau wrote: »

Thank you and Merry Christmas.

Is there any news on the outline issue? Christmas is some time ago :-), and as far as I can see, there still is no outline.

Regards, Peter
  • gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 6:46PM
    what version and build number are you using outlines were added a while back
    current version is 4.9.106
    gordk wrote: »
    what version and build number are you using outlines were added a while back
    current version is 4.9.106

I'm using version 4.9.72 for Delphi 2010

I've downloaded the demo today to check if I'm doing something wrong. In the demo, the outline is grayed in the PDF export.
  • gpigpi
    See FRDemo "Other features" section "Preview outline" report
  • edited August 2010
    gpi wrote: »
    See FRDemo "Other features" section "Preview outline" report

Thanks for the info. I've found this feature, but now I am completely lost..

I have downloaded version 4.9.106 of the precompiled demo, exported this report to pdf: outline visible in adobe reader 9
    I have also downloaded version 4.9.106 of FastReport VCL. Compiled the demo, exported the same report to pdf. NO outline visible in adobe reader 9!
    I'm running on Windows 7 with Delphi 2010

So the outline does work, but what's the difference between the precompiled demo and the demo in the VCL?

There is a difference in file size between the two reports [precompiled demo is larger], so I think it is safe to say that the outline is not saved in the VCL demo. I've checked this by exporting with the precompiled demo without outline. Then the file size is equal to the VCL demo file size.

Regards, Peter
  • gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    Peter
    running version 4.9.106 of FastReport VCL. win xp delphi 2010 Compiled the demo, exported the same report to pdf.
    runs fine for me (admin rights), watch out if you have installed to different folders you may be overwriting the pdf
    if you haven't set the default dir for the export component.
    it actually produces a pdf of 317KB
  • edited August 2010
    gordk wrote: »
    Peter
    running version 4.9.106 of FastReport VCL. win xp delphi 2010 Compiled the demo, exported the same report to pdf.
    runs fine for me (admin rights), watch out if you have installed to different folders you may be overwriting the pdf
    if you haven't set the default dir for the export component.
    it actually produces a pdf of 317KB

Well... I've got it working again by changing the Library Path in Delphi...

First it was
    C:\Delphi Comp\FastReport 4\Lib14
    Changed it to
    C:\Delphi Comp\FastReport 4\Source
    C:\Delphi Comp\FastReport 4\FastScript
    C:\Delphi Comp\FastReport 4\Source\ExportPack

To my opinion the precompiled .bpl and .pas files should not lead to different program behaviour.. Or am I missing something here?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.