Errors: export to excel

edited 11:33AM in FastReport 4.0
Last week, My report can export to excel normally, but this week it has error when exporting to excel. The error is "Invalid Variant Operation". I don't know why it can't work now, I have never change it since it can work. Please help me, Thanks very much!

Comments

• edited 11:33AM
    And when I traced into the program, another error says "EoleSysError, Not support the interface".
  • gordkgordk St.Catherines On. Canada.
    edited 11:33AM
    without more detailed info cannot help you, the error message is usually encountered when a variable
    or datafield returns and unexpected value type for the operation that is trying to work with it expects.
    I think when a variable or datafield returns an unexpected value type for the operation, the report canot be previewed. But my report can be previewed very normally. And it can be exported to word/txt/pdf. The error just occurs when exporting to excel.
    And what made me confused is it can work very normally last week, but now it can't work. Please help me, thank you!
    yimi wrote: »
    And what made me confused is it can work very normally last week, but now it can't work. Please help me, thank you!

Hi I have the same problem, I posted on this forum and had been given a suggestion but it has not worked, i sent in a mock report to a member and he was able to export my report to excel but I cant, yes the report does come up and export to XML, Word or HTML but not Excel. I updated to the latest download for the 16th December 20009 but this has not worked. I am still searching for a solution. My only other change is I am using Open Office not Microsoft Office and I updated my 2.4 version to 3.1 recently. However I uninstalled and re-installed open office but this did not work either.
    I got the same error when there is null in field value.

It seems that the more recent version of excel export cant change null to empty string.

Hoped it would be fixed soon.
  • Anu de DeusAnu de Deus Hampshire, UK
    edited 11:33AM
    Guys, has anyone opened a support ticket for this?
    It's the best way of getting attention from the developers.
    I would have done it, but I don't export to Excel very frequently so the problem is not affecting me (yet).
    I hope it gets fixed soon, anyway.
  • edited January 2010
    I solved a similar error exporting a excel ("The following error(s) have ocurred: OLE error 800A03EC") setting unchecked all Export settings and only check the following options:

As text, Fast export and Continuous (optional).

The solution is in another post (excel check the content in every cell, so if you try to put something that excel don't allow it will generate an error).

Regards

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.